Tuesday 24 October 2017

One off the bucket list

Hello my lovelies :)

Brace yourself this is not pretty...this was me attempting to crochet sometime last year. 


I had bought a "How to crochet" book, a set of hooks and some wool. To say it didn't quite turn out how I had imagined in my head was a bit of an (OK a huge) understatement. How could a creative person make a piece of wool look so ugly 😆 
I decided to put the book, hooks and wool in the bottom of a drawer in my sewing room not really knowing when I would, if ever, pick it back up for a second attempt.


Well I did....eventually, after I had been on the crochet course at Toft. I can't believe the difference. When I read the book over a year, it was like reading a different language. But this time it was different, something just clicked! And look what I managed to do! Not only did I master all of the stitches in the book, including the granny square. I then went onto YouTube and learned how to do basket weave stitch.


At last! I have finally learned how to crochet!


Well that's one off the bucket list... LOL I just wish that I had learnt it sooner, I would've loved to have made blankets or little booties when friends had babies. Never mind, I will just have to make do with making blankets for myself.

Have a great week xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx