Sunday 26 May 2013

Moving forward...


When I've been missing in action, this little sketch explains where I've been hiding. Another custom order request but this time it was for a baby/changing bag. I've made baby bags in the past, 2 designs from a similar base pattern which looked a little like a messenger bag but the second design had external pockets. I've been wanting to design a new style baby bag more in keeping with my style and one that would be multi purpose to be used as an everyday bag once baby has grown up. So after quite a lot of sketching I came up with this.....

It has 2 huge pockets on either side with magnetic fasteners, a lovely curved boxed seam base, 4 pockets inside with a cavernous space for all those things you need to carry for your baby and an adjustable across the body/shoulder strap that can be shortened to go on your pram/buggy or lengthened for you to carry. Oh yes and one of my signature bows on the front :)

Progress status: all pieces are cut, the pockets are sewn together and pinned to the front pieces, the internal pockets are sewn together and sewn to the internal lining, the lining is complete and I'm ready to sew the main bag front and back pieces together.....so that just leaves the strap to complete and sew to the main bag, pop in the lining and sew in. Photos to follow very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx