Tuesday 14 June 2011

2 days to go until Handmade in Britain 2011 Bath

Well its technically 1 and a smidge but if I say its 2 it has a strange calming effect that doesn't want me to start blabbering on about how 'not ready' I am.

*enter stage left : drama queen!*

Lets not get into the I dont think I have enough stock. I am over that already. One outburst to C was quickly quashed with a "what if you dont sell anything at all". Now I know that sounds like a harsh comment to make but it did make me think that I was overreacting and that it was better to have a happy medium than an overkill of stock and a extremely exhausted Emma :) So after a good long chat I am CALM (on the outside!).

I am just grabbing a well deserved break accompanied with a cup of tea (and a few biscuits, well it would be rude not too) so I am sat with my laptop in the garden.

So how's the prep going I hear you all screaming! Well good to be honest, I have a good mix of shoulder, slouch, saddle and clutch bags, LOTS of cosmetic pouches (thanks to a trade customer who decided after 2months that she did not want her order >:/ that's one for another day) and a little collection of purses. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to make any of the utility bags, which I am gutted about but as I am a 'one woman band' I don't think I'll lose any sleep over it.

C as always has complete and utter control of the display, I am so thankful that I don't even have to think about it, I've started calling him my creative director. He likes that title :D

So the display stuff is all sorted, I just need to go and ravage the stocks of bubble wrap in Tesco's this evening and that is that done. All paper work is printed and sorted and all my other bits and bobs are stuffed into a box.

I am sooooo looking forward to Handmade in Britain, I have never been to Bath before and it is such a long time since I sold at a fair. Its normally just trade for me so it will be a refreshing change.

If any of you are able to pop in and say Hi and look round the stands post your email address in the comments and I will send you a 2-for-1 voucher for admission. I will be on stand HIB 49 and I love to chat so come and say hello.

Handmade in Britain
@Assembly Rooms, Bath.
17th-19th June (with a private view evening on 16th).

See you there.

I'll be back with some updates soon......ah and some photos too.

(thanks for hanging in there in my absence)

5 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK CHUCK! YOU ***WILL*** DO WELL!!!!!! YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH *** YOU DESERVE SUCCESS ***

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you LOTS of LUCK! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun!!! I so wish I could be there. I visited Bath once, and I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo! that seems to have come round quickly! Good luck!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best-I am sure you will do well.
    Hoping to go on Sunday, fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx