Tuesday 24 January 2012

Bull dog clips are just for stationary?


Right?? Not in my studio they're not. These fold back bull dog clips are fantastic for holding fabric together that is too thick for normal dress making pins. I use them in particular for my saddle bags where the hem round the top of the bag opening meets the bag flap. The sandwich of fabric, interfacing, more interfacing and a little more interfacing is way too thick for pins so I use these clips...


I know a lot of my sewing pals who use oilcloth use these clips so as to not pierce the cloth with pins (which means nasty pin holes where you don't want them). I always have a handful of them lying around just in case. They've come in mighty handy for the leather kindle covers I've been making too.

Do you use and odd stationary items in your crafting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx