Friday 20 July 2012

Mission Acomplished - Collaboration Completed


Now that Maya has received her custom baby bag I can show you (lots of) photos. Some of you already know that I have a base pattern for a changing/baby bag that I adapt and change depending on the specifications of the customer. Maya supplied the fabric which she hand printed especially for this project.


Its the first time I have taken on a collaboration project. I couldn't think of anything better than working with a textile artist. I was a little nervous and I was as precious with Maya's beautiful fabric as I am with my own creations. I had to make sure it was perfect.


The bag has an adjustable strap which can be worn over the shoulder, across the body or can be hung on the buggy.


I love these chrome buckles and sliders, clean and simple.


I decided to add two heights of magnetic fasteners, which means the bag can be compact for short journeys or expanded when you want to pack loads in. An addition to the original pattern I added two pockets to the front of the bag, well you can never have too many pockets when you're carrying the kit you need in your baby bag. I used the lining fabric that Maya chose to add a little detail to the pockets.


Inside there is a central divider with 3 medium pockets at the back for bottles and two large ones on the inside front of the bag for nappies etc. Plenty of room for everything.


Of course there had to be somewhere to put my signature Bagladee tag!


I also made a matching wet bag to pop inside when needed, which has a waterproof lining.


We discussed 'buggy' handles/straps and after quite a lot of sketches and sleepless nights (yes really, cant switch off when I'm trying to solve a sewing conundrum) I came up with these nifty little straps. Now they may not look that clever or exciting but.....


When you shorten the bag strap to the shortest length and hang over the handles of the buggy (these were designed for the type of Urban Buggy Maya was having)....


.....the straps then go around the straps and the buggy handles keeping the bag safely in place. So no sliding down the side of the buggy!


So there you go, from fabric to a complete changing bag set. Custom made for Maya and her baby, Luca. Congratulations to you and Marc on the birth of your beautiful baby boy!! xxx

Right off to get on with my next project!

**If you are interested in a custom changing/baby bag why not pop me an email (emma@bagladee.com)**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx