Friday 21 December 2012

Christmas at last.....

Yesterday was the last day at the day job until the New Year and boy was I glad to be driving out of the car park. To say that I need a rest is an understatement, there has been so much going on over the last 6 months (most of it exciting) I feel exhausted.

Now I can take my time to enjoy our new home, now festively decorated and look forward to spending time with family and having some 'me' time.

A very good friend reminded me the other day that writing on our blogs should be something for us, yes we love to know that there are you lovely people out there reading it, but we should never feel pressured to write something just because we haven't blogged in ages. Like most people we all have times where we're too busy or just don't have the blogging mojo to write something and I have to admit I am there right at the top for disappearing and then reappearing weeks later.

I have been busy with new makes, custom orders and supplying some of the very lovely shops that stock my items, then I had to squeeze in some handmade gifts, along side doing way too much overtime at the day job. So after feeling like I was missing the run up to Christmas excitement I am now on overload.

Almost all my gifts have been bought/made and wrapped and are sitting tucked underneath our Christmas tree, the decorations have been up for a week and we have a huge new conifer tree in the garden with gorgeous sweety coloured lights twinkling away. We had family down last weekend and again this weekend. Then that's it! It will be Christmas Eve and we are off out for a meal with C's family then back to his parents for Sherry and present swaps.

So this is me wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the coming New Year. Thank you for reading my sporadic posts and leaving your thoughtful comments I really do appreciate it. I will see you on the other side of 2012.......I wonder what next year will bring?!?!

Hugs
Em xxx

2 comments:

  1. 2012 has been pretty life changing for both of us, hasn't it? Here's to some wonderful things to come in 2013. Merry Christmas
    R xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you've had a wonderful Christmas!! I wish you have a Happy New Year!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx