Friday 9 June 2017

The first day...



Hello again my lovelies, waking up on the first day of my new adventure almost felt like I was on the first day of my holidays lol. Mr.B had taken the day off work to offer moral support so that I didn't feel like I was in limbo land wondering what to do with myself.

Now don't just me on this next photo :D when asked what I would like to do on my first day of 'freedom' (that's what Mr.B likes to call it), I said "can we go for a full English breakfast please?" This is something I wouldn't normally do, but in times of change/celebration we tend to over indulge as its deemed as being 'allowed'. 


So that is exactly what we did :D Mr.B says I am disgusting because I have red and brown sauce on my plate! Its just that I can never decide between the two, they are both as equally delicious but in different ways.


We then decided we would go out for the day to Rufford Country Park and walk off all those calories from earlier. It was a beautiful day, 23 degrees and the sun was shining. The car park was quite full and there were lots of families jostling children out of cars (it was half term). 

We bumped into this guy on our walk through the gardens...


...isn't he cute.

We walked all the way round the lake and saw lots of ducks and Canadian geese, it was good to get out into the fresh air. We talked about how I felt about leaving work while we walked, although it was still a little too soon to process things, I felt relaxed and grateful to be outside enjoying the sunshine on what would have been a 'work' day.


The gardens are beautiful at Rufford, and there are so many sculptures to see including a beautiful memorial wall. 


We then picked a lovely spot near the main house to sit in the sunshine and enjoy a picnic, even though it was a warm day I insisted on bringing a flask of tea (of course) I love tea :D

I have to confess afterwards I was so relaxed that I actually nodded off whilst lying on the picnic blanket ooooppss! Well in my defence I hadn't been sleeping very well in the previous weeks so this was obviously my body's way of telling me I needed some rest.


So this is me.....

Relaxed, processing change and looking forward to new adventures, which of course I will be posting about here :D Have a wonderful weekend,

......Emma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx