Wednesday 21 May 2008

A week of madness and mayhem

Another one of those weeks again....but I have been busy beavering away.

I have been commissioned by a very good friend to design and make a funky lap top bag for her to use for her business. And what a fantastic idea, when you think of the bland choice that it out there. I think the most imaginative one I've seen is pink......but how about having your own unique and funky lap top bag (made in limited numbers) to take with you.

And its all those prettier details that you just don't get with a bog standard lap top bag. I don't know about you ladies but I want delicate but robust stitching with co-ordinating bright fabrics. Adjustable snap fasteners instead of Velcro and of course to look stylish even when you're just at the office.

I hope you like the fabrics Maureen.....hopefully it should be ready for me to bring up with me on Sunday.
If all goes well I will be making the lap top bag a new addition to the collection.

Also this week, I set aside a hour or two to cut out enough pieces to make some make some of the makeup pouches and purses I posted last week. I will be putting them on my Etsy shop this weekend.

Although now I have the urge to buy some more of those gorgeously coloured zips.....I must resist, I must resist!!!!


Got some fantastic news this week, Helen of ShereDesign has invited me to set up a stall at a Craft Fair being held at the Hubb, in Nottingham on 31st May.
Sooooo looking forward to it. I've never sold at a craft fair before, taking my friend Andrea with me for a bit of company and moral support. So you will see me there from 12-6pm with all my Bagladee goodies. I'm signing off for tonight need a well deserved rest!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Emma just found your blog and im loving it! Will pass it on to everyone so they can see your great handy work :) The bag you made me has come out on some great nights with me... lol, and is still as good as new!!! Will be looking for another one on here now so thanks again, stacie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your zips :-)
    such lovely colours!
    I hope your craft fair is a great success, it's a good idea to take your friend along, I hope it goes well!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx