Sunday 6 December 2009

I ache all over :(

Had you wondered where I'd disappeared to (as if you'd noticed!)? This weekend I set up a stall at the Rufford Country Park Christmas Gift Fair and boy was it cold.

The stalls were set outside and they didn't provide much protection from the cold and blustery wind. I have to admit I was a little unprepared for it all. In my mind I was thinking that they would be those wooden covered stalls, but they were more like the run of the mill market stalls.

I was up with the birds on Saturday morning to travel to the venue, Chris came with me to help set up. It was bitterly cold but when there were some lulls of no customers I got to know some of the other crafters they were all so lovely (with the exception of one that drove us all bonkers!!) I met a lovely lady called Joy and her husband who made some of the most loveliest things and some very friendly girls who were on the stand behind me their embroidery work was beautiful.

Towards the end of the day I got drenched as it poured down....luckily my stock was kept bone dry shame I couldn't say the same for myself. By the time I got everything packed up at the end of the first day I was was soaking, I looked like I had just stepped out of the shower. It was back home for a hot bath and some food.

After frantically sewing some more cosmetic pouches together (as I had totally sold out) it was off to bed for some well deserved rest. Up early again this morning to hear a torrential down pour.....thankfully by the time I arrived to set up the rain had stopped and by mid morning the sun was braking through the trees. At one point it did start to snow but that lasted all of 10 minutes. Today I was better prepared, Chris bought tarpaulin from B&Q last night to cover the back of my stall so that me and my stock were safe from the wind.

All in all it was a successful weekend, first day I made enough to cover the costs so today was a bonus. And bagladee did quite well. I didn't get to take a photo of my stall but I have taken some photo's of the new stuff I made for the fair which I plan showing you tomorrow. I will have to get some listing done as my website is looking pretty bare.

OK off for a hot bath and a cup of Ovaltine :D Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just what I need after a long cold weekend of selling.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you did well in the end!! It's a pity they didn't do the fair indoors this time of year.
    Well done!!

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you don't feel well. I've had bad experiences with outdoor shows (hot, cold, rainy) which is why I won't do them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have warmed up now?! How crul to make you stand outside in December!

    At least you met some nice people =]
    x x x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx