Monday 5 January 2009

Into 2009.......

Surprisingly I am feeling extremely motivated......it has nothing to do with work! Oh No! First day back today was depressing and disheartening, I knew it wasn't going to be easy after having a 2 week break but it just seemed to drag on forever today.

The motivation is all coming from bagladee and what 2009 holds for her/me :) I feel the need to get 'my house' so to speak in order, organise everything and enjoy myself.

I thought today would be a good day to show you what I made for the other half for Christmas. Its a small version of a messenger bag and I made the pattern from scratch. As far as manly but funky patterns go I quite like this fabric, its silhouettes of famous faces through the years....at a good guess I can spot a very young Sir Paul McCartney, Elvis, Twiggy.....any others you can recognise?
Its quite a roomy over the shoulder mini messenger with internal pockets and a thick comfy strap. I was a little unsure if he would like it, but a sigh of relief was exhaled when he saw it.

And you are now looking at the new addition to the bagladee family....I'll be making a few adjustments and adding a couple of features but this is the next item to be making its way onto the website.

3 comments:

  1. hello! Happy new year, I love this bag, what a great idea to do a 'manly' version. And your new cards are just gorgeous!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the fabric runs in a strip in that bag. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manbags! Brilliant :)
    Great fabric. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx