Tuesday 12 May 2009

Sew Hip issue 4 and one angry kitty!!!

After many months of searching for the elusive issue 4, I decided to lean on my fellow bloggers and request their help to find one......BINGO!!!!! The lovely Bex over at Bexs Buttons contacted me saying that I could have her copy as she had read it from cover to cover. Oh Joy!!

And here it is, it came in the post today tied with some lovely pink ric rac and a handmade card, with buttons on....of course. Thanks ever so much Bex, I'm looking forward to reading it.

This was a lovely present from the in-laws from their trip over the bank holiday weekend.....its a Good luck Book Mark with a cute little kitty.

And speaking of little kitties, this little man was not a happy bunny yesterday!! We arrived at the vets at 5:30pm but as there was an emergency with a dog that had been hit by a car we had to wait for an hour. He was a bit stressed miaowing for a very long time until he eventually lay down with heavy eyes.
When we went in to be seen there was no problem with checking eyes, ears, teeth and heart etc but the second the vet asked me to hold him still while she gave him his booster Oliver just went berserk!!! Like I have never seen him before, he started growling and hissing, then began making the most strangest of miaowes. And when I went to pick him up he frantically scratched my arms trying to get away. He was so scared bless him.....and had obviously had enough. I definitely came off worse, covered from head to toe with cat fur and a bleeding arm and leg. So when we came home he got lots of fussing and some special cheesy biscuits. I got some Savlon and a cup of tea.

7 comments:

  1. So glad you finally got your issue four. I'd have loved to give you mine but it has become a firm fave of my eldest daughter, who has made a few of the goodies from it and is currently tracing patterns for something else (it's a secret mum!) lol.

    Great book mark, you can never have enough can you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gald it got to you safe!! awww your poor cat!! perhaps hes scared of needles?? im scared of them and my reaction is probably similar to your cats...except i dont scratch...or miaow
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you finally got hold of a copy! I did have a look for you, but it seems issue four is one of the ones I missed :( Still it's a good excuse to subscribe, so I don't miss any more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah - glad you got it - its a good issue. I'm currently working on the table runner in it! Ehjoy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, poor Oliver - and poor you! Make sure you bathe those scratches as I've found cat scratches can go decidedly manky :-(

    Hope he's ok this morning.

    Pleased you got your issue of Sew Hip - aren't bloggers just lovely? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you got your magazine at last! And Ihope your cuts are getting better, poor Oliver but poor you!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got a copy. I can not find mine. Must have stuffed it somewhere in this house! What will you make first.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx