Monday 2 May 2011

Catch up?

I know you're probably thinking where have I been for the last few days and I have felt a bit duped that I've broken my continuous blog run :( I have been so busy this past week it hasn't felt like the Easter break at all.

Not that I'm complaining Ooooh Noooo......we had a week shutdown at work last week so I spent the time working on orders from BCTF and lots of other bits and bobs that seemed to take up more time than I had planned. As you can see from the photo above, mid week I had a couple of supplies deliveries including these very yummy coloured zips for my cosmetic pouches. And now that I have found a trade supplier I can get them in larger batches :D I also received some interfacing (not so yummy but essential) Still waiting on fabric, some more findings and clutch frames.

I have also been packaging up some more fabric that will be winging its way to new homes where I hope they will be transformed into wonderful creations. If you haven't checked it out have a peek in my new destsash shop....link on the right side bar. It was about time that I stopped hoarding fabric and did something productive with it. Offering a bargain seemed quite appropriate.

I have managed to get a lot of sewing done this week and as a little reward we took the day off yesterday and rode out to Matlock on C's bike. This is the first time that I have been on this bike. Previously C had a sports bike and I wasn't too keen on it, far too fast and not comfortable to ride on. This one is a Honda Shadow and has been customised by C himself. As he is a massive fan of American Chopper on Sky its beaming with Chrome and has had a custom paint job Very pretty. Its an 'easy rider' bike so we had a nice leisurely ride, a nice walk in the sun, chatting to other bike fanatics, fish and chips and then a little more brisk ride back. Lovely day......back to work today sadly.

2 comments:

  1. oh yum, look at those zips! I'm waiting for a shipment myself. I know an Esty shop where they're about 20p each.

    I didn't realise you were in Derbyshire, we pop over to Matlock sometimes and to Cromford to visit the aazing book shop.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx