Friday 29 April 2011

The Royal Wedding

Photo courtesy of AP

I couldn't let this remarkable event pass by without at least writing one little post. I have watched the celebrations on and off all morning and finally sat down with C just before 11am to watch the ceremony in Westminster Abby.

Catherine looked absolutely stunning in her Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen dress, understated, classic and beautiful. William looked very handsome in his uniform and don't they make the most adorable couple.

Photo courtesy of Reuters

But I have to say that I am absolutely smitten with Pippa's (Catherine's sister) bridesmaid dress. Since we got engaged last year I have been wondering what type of dress I would like to wear to get married and not being able to make my mind up. I text my Mam straight away and said "Are you watching the wedding, Kate's sisters dress is what I want to get married in!"

That's settled then, just need to find someone who will make it for me (when we actually get round to setting a date).

I am excited where this new marriage in the Royal family will take us, I think its like a breath of fresh air and just what we all needed in the UK for a boost.

Congratulations to the happy couple.

And I cant go without saying didn't the Queen look stunning in her Saffron outfit?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree it was a lovely turn out! I watched it on and off, and then just caught the highlights as BBC and ITV stopped their shows. I didn't see it at the time when they came out on the balcony...P had switched over by then, but did you see Kate's expression when they came out, you could clearly see she was STUNNED by everyone there, and said 'wow!'. Awww bless. xx

    PS Hey that's great you know what kind of dress you want! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx