Tuesday 4 April 2017

RECIPE : Banana bread


Happy Tuesday to you all :) Its been a while since I posted a recipe and since this one is a popular favourite and my go to recipe when I want something a little different for breakfast I thought I'd share it with you.

As always its an easy recipe and apart from the cooking time can be whizzed together pretty quick, my kind of cooking :)

You will need: 

150g of caster sugar or soft brown sugar
50g of softened butter
2 eggs
4 tbsp of water
3 very ripe bananas
200g of wholemeal flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
1/4 tsp baking powder

Method:

Preheat your oven to 180c
Line a loaf tin with grease proof paper
Beat sugar and butter until smooth and creamy
Whisk eggs with the water
I use my nutribullet to combine the bananas and egg/water mix
Pour the banana/egg/water mix into the sugar/butter mix and blend well
Add the flour, bicarb and baking powder and mix until combined with the other ingredients
Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 55 minutes - top should be firm to touch and nicely brown

You could always add some walnuts to give it a bit of crunch....I love to have a slice with a handful of raspberries and a dollop of yoghurt. Perfect for breakfast, or on its own for an afternoon snack.

Enjoy :)

Emma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx