Saturday 15 April 2017

Taking time....


Its been sometime since I wrote a post of this nature but sometimes it good to look back and reflect to know where you're moving forward to, right? Glancing back through my blog I realised how long I was absent from my little space I once loved to disappear into when I felt the need to reach out in an anonymous type of way. There's been no kind of personal posts from me, no rants about what really peeves me or updates of any kind of general non important, who really wants to read this kinda stuff but I'm gonna write it anyway. I think for a while I shut myself off from it all as it didn't feel appropriate to write it down here.

I feel as though I had fallen into a bit of an abyss in terms of blogging and being creative, I guess that's what happens to most creative people when there are 'other' things going on in your life. Life in general is pretty intense and exhausting don't you think? And I am one of those annoying people where I have to cram in as much as I can to feel like I'm getting the most out of everything. But maybe I'm missing the point somewhat.

This weekend, being an extended one for me from work I'm trying to take things at a much slower pace, really thinking about future plans and where I see the next part of my journey taking me. The day job has been especially difficult the last few weeks. This situation should come to some kind of fruition in the weeks ahead and I'm hoping will bring a huge change for the better. So a five day break from it is definitely what I needed to keep my mind straight and my emotions in check. Gone are the days where I used to cry out of pure frustration from it all, I have grown and changed so much from those days and learned to let the less important things in life just go over my head and put my energy and focus into the things that do really matter.

As I write this post, I am sat in our cosy living room with Nell fast asleep on my knee with a cup of coffee and ginger biscuits to munch on, I can just about hear Mr.B mooching around upstairs and I'm sharing with you lovely lot! What more could I want out of life? 

This afternoon I plan on finishing the second cushion I am making for our snug and then helping Mr.B paint his office. Now I have a beautiful relaxing sewing room, its his turn to have his little domain personalised. It involves a paint colour named 'Cumin'. A strong and vibrant colour which reflects his personality perfectly. 

I'd like to finish this post by saying have a wonderful Easter weekend, metaphorically I will be sat under the tree above, relaxing and clearing my head of all non important thoughts....here's a quote I found on the internet this week that I think we could all have a little bit more of.

"Sometimes self care is exercise and eating right. Sometimes its spending time with loved ones or taking a nap. And sometimes its watching an entire season of television in one weekend while you lounge around in your pyjamas. Whatever soothes your soul." - Nanea Hoffman

Take care my lovelies,
Emma xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx