Saturday 9 September 2017

My 1st Crochet blanket

Hello again my lovelies! Wow have I got some catching up to do, so I'm jumping straight in with this one. Back in the early Summer I went on a crochet course to learn (at last) how to crochet without it looking like something the cats had been playing with :) I did try to teach myself last year but it was a disaster (probably because I had too much on my plate at the time) all that I got out of it was frustration. My lovely friend Andrea (*waves*) and I went to Toft in Rugby and was taught by a lady called Emily who was a fantastic teacher, she even compensated for the fact I was a lefty!! 

From the second I'd finished crocheting the first row of colour it clicked and I was hooked lol and I just couldn't wait to get started on my first blanket!


Of course it had to be a blanket for my room and of course it had to be mint green and lime green.


It's addictive, I can literally lose myself in it for hours and it feels so therapeutic. Not to mention the self pride when you start to see the blanket take shape.


I literally crocheted every where and whenever I could, I even took it with me when we went to Liverpool for the weekend. It didn't bother me in the slightest that the Lorry drivers were giving me funny looks as we passed them on the motorway :D ha ha!


Even though Mr.B kept asking 'when will that be finished?' I thought it didn't take me that long to make, but when I think back now it took me about 2months to finish it completely. So it was definitely a labour of love.


It's so warm and cosy and will be perfect for the colder days/nights in my sewing room! I just need to learn a different stitch to the zigzag now...the challenge is set!!! 

Emma xxx

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! I love mint/turquoise and lime green together. There is nothing nicer than a crochet blanket is there? I've got a couple on the go, plus plans for a baby blanket for a friend... I really need to finish things!! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx