Tuesday 25 November 2008

To Do List Part.....errrmmm too many ;) Day 3

Flamin' flamingos!!
Here is set 3 of the pouches I've been busy making, this fabric has to be my favourite out of the 5. Girly flamingos!! :) I think they will look so pretty with their sparkly rhinestones and heart shaped charm.

And with the bright pink lining definitely a pouch/purse for a girly girl. Although I'm not a girly type (played with trucks and cars when I was a child!!) but I love it too!!!

Don't forget if you see anything you like they will all be listed on my website after the weekend (that is if I haven't sold them at the bag party I'm doing this weekend) however if you cant wait to see if they are still available email me or leave me a comment and I will reserve it/them for you.

OK on to the disaster last night.....do you remember when I said I was in the middle of a new project but wouldn't be showing until it was finished? Well I was sewing them together last night, which involved a short length of elastic that I needed to trim. It wasn't until I had cut it that I realised that I had also cut a chunk out of my middle finger too :0. are you cringing???

First of all I couldn't believe that I had done it (again!!!) second was panic as I was bleeding.....all logic going out of the window to stop the bleeding!!! I RANG MY MAM!!! What was she going to do 160 mile away? Duh! Any way the bleeding was stopped, an elastoplast was added and I was back to sewing. Still a little sore but its not hindering my sewing so never mind.

(When I say again, I did this once before when I was at College when I took a chunk out from between my fingers Yuk!!! :o/

7 comments:

  1. Auwch! Luckily you didn't bleed all over these gorgeous flamingos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo ooo oo! I LOVE them!!! coming back to check them out this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I bet that stung - hope it's not too sore. As for the pouches, oh no! I love them too! I definitely want one, but how to choose?! I'll email you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouch!
    my mom sewed her finger to the machine, the needle went straight through and I had to turn the wheel on the old singer to get the needle out, it was horrible.

    I love the flamingo print though, not sure that blood stains will improve the print though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no, I hope your finger is feeling better? You are certainly being very productive this week, I hope your bag party goes well at the weekend. (Your pincushion is here with me now, all ready to take to the post office at lunchtime)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flamigoes. Noone talks about industrial injuries when you make handmade do they?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx