Saturday 1 August 2009

How did it go yesterday?

When I got up first thing I thought, Oh no not a migraine not today! But after a sweet cup of tea and a wash I was feeling a little better. It was such a long day yesterday but sooooo worth it.....there were parts I'd missed out of the written instructions (most probably because they come second nature to me and hadn't realised I'd missed them out), I made all three of the items for the book whilst being watched the whole time and it wasn't as bad as I thought, and amazingly enough I didn't make any mistakes!!! I know!!
I got a sneak peak of some of the photos but declined on seeing any of the head shots John took of me, because I would have hated them all :) We made a lot of adjustments to the text and have all the photos completed (apart from the cover shot and a few intro photos) but the main bulk of it is there. I just need to add to the text and email it off again!! Wow, this is so exciting (for me, hope its interesting for you) I cant wait to hold the finished book in my sweaty little palms!! :D

Chris was an absolute sweety yesterday, he drove me all the way to Birmingham and back and disappeared whilst we did the shoot (didn't moan once). He came back promptly to pick me up, packed all my stuff into the car and then when we got home he said "go and put the kettle on". I said "yes sir" with a smile on my face. Then when I went into the kitchen he said "well if you don't put the kettle on then you cant have one of these!" My eyes nearly popped out of my head when he handed me a dozen box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts (my total fav!!) for those of you in the UK will know that other than Harrods in London and Selfridges in Birmingham stocking them, these things are like gold dust!!! So to have a whole box was just 'swwweeeeetttt'.

They were a 'well done' gift from Chris, isn't he lovely :) I can hear you all thinking it, "How are you going to eat all those doughnuts?"......easy we had one each last night, one each for breakfast this morning, Chris will eat one later and I will probably have another for brunch tomorrow :D the rest I will not tell you when I will eat them because you will totally think I am little miss piggy. And this is me looking very 'non-attractive' wearing a Krispy Kreme hat with Nell fast asleep on my knee.

I'm off out tonight to a lovely place for good food, good company, LOTS OF WINE, and lots of chattering as I'm going for a meal with my friend Andrea (mybeadyeye) to celebrate her birthday, so there's even going to be some presents!!!! (I'm in such a good mood today!! Must be all that sugar) :D

10 comments:

  1. I wanted to rub it in... We have a Krispy Kreme about 8 blocks from our gallery. Have you ever had them hot and fresh, straight out of the oven? Mmmmmmm. Doughnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emma ,yesterday on our way home from the best holiday ever in Italy ,we bought a box of Krispy Kreme-they are fab!!!
    lots of love
    ag

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great day!
    want Krispy Kreme in Tokyo?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU4MaPkMz9M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of krispy kreme, but it sounds as though you deserved them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad all went well.

    Think yuo shoudl send a lovely doughnut my way for all the baby trauma I am going through right now!! LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. im really glad it went well for you!!! can't wait to see the book! mmmm krispy kreme! i went to selfirdges a while back and no joke, the queue was out of the door of selfridges food court and round the corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was it Krispy Kreme who used to operate the doughnut shop concession inside the QMC in Nottingham! I kid you not! It might have been Dunkin' Donuts. Either way, I'm not sure if they are still there, it's a while since I had to go to A&E, thank goodness! Thanks for the fabric info, BTW. K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad it went well Emma! And we have a Krispy Creme shop not two miles from us!!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurrah! glad all went well with the shoot :)

    We only live 8 mins from Bham on the train! Still never tried the doughnuts though! They sound like a well deserved treat!!! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Love Love KK's.I have a VERY similar picture of me in my KK hat also...hee hee
    Just joined TLBG too - can't wait for more
    Take Care
    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx