Sunday 2 August 2009

Monogram birthday cushion

Remember this???
Well now the birthday girl (Hi Andrea) has received her gifts I can now show you how it started....
I made a card template and cut her initial out of black felt, pinned it onto this gorgeous magenta felt.....

And sewed the initial to it.

I then placed and pinned it to the cushion piece, added a flower and a little sparkle.......

Et Voila.....one custom monogrammed cushion.

I think I have become slightly obsessed with making cushions.......there's more to come.
:D
Now for some totally random bits of info :: I'm sporting rather a lovely 2 inch burn on my right hand from the photo shoot on Friday that is gradually getting more stingy :( I burnt it on the iron just in case you were thinking I was tortured while I was there ;) :: last night was so much fun, food, wine and girly chat.....perfect :: Andrea loved her birthday gifts which were this cushion (of course) a huge chrome piggy bank and a very gorgeous note book from a fellow blogger Picciolo (**wave**) :: sleeping is becoming an issue again ggrrrrrrr, why wont my brain switch off???

8 comments:

  1. Hello matey!! I had an excellent time on Sat night and your right i LOVED my presents!! :-)

    I hope you manage to have a full nights sleep soon:-(

    Try some lavender pillow spray...I know I sound like a 90 year old but I think it works!! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cushion!

    Still no sign of my doughnut that I requested from your last post...I assume it's in the post!

    PS Still no baby. 7 days late. Not happy :o( xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Pressies for a Lovely girl ,that's you Andrea. Glad you both had a great girlie night, nothing better than good foo , good wine and good company xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cushion - what gorgeous colours! All set for our launch on Wednesday? (I hope that's not what's keeping you awake at night!)
    R xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello, (**waves back**)! That cushion look lovely, what a great present. I hope you sleep better tonight, maybe a nice relaxing bath would help?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool monogrammed pillow!


    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cushion and great name 'Andrea' too. Sorry to hear about your arm, painful that.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx