Monday 13 September 2010

'Trampy'

Its really strange but I feel like I've accomplished something today. After a couple of days 'rest' I really needed to catch up on some 'housey' stuff. I found it difficult to sleep last night, this always happens when I have time off and I'm due back to work. Various reasons really, mainly the dread of going back. Not good.

Anyway off I went this morning, it was just as I'd imagined but it was OK as 1pm came round I put on my coat and left for the day :D I came home and painted the upstairs bathroom ceiling. I haven't really helped that much this time round with the renovations due to being so busy lately, but I wanted to get this done so that Chris can start tiling tomorrow. I think he was relieved as he's not that keen on painting, he tends to leave that to me. Next on the list was to try and tidy the front garden....if I had to use one word to describe the state of it would be 'trampy'. The lawn was over grown, the hedges out of control, weeds in the flower beds, ivy strangling everything including my Japanese maple, and weeds galore on the path and the drive.

A couple of hours later and it was neat and tidy and the garden waste bin is now fit to bursting! And thankfully the rain held off so that I could use the lawn mower. In between all this I managed to get 3 loads of washing in too. Now for the awful bit, I must start and tackle the ironing pile I like to call 'Mount Everest'. I HATE IRONING!!!! :( I think I must use every excuse in the book to try and put it off....but seeing as its only me that does it I don't do myself any favours as it just mounts up and becomes mission impossible.

And now its starting to rain so I'm off to get the washing in.

3 comments:

  1. hehe, I just painted a ceiling too - in our new soon-to-be shower room!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironing sucks! No painting her but plenty of ironing avoidance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a ironing hater, my solution is only ever buy minimum iron clothes!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx