Sunday 14 June 2009

Support Cancer Research

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend, the weather today here has been so lovely. Perfect for today's post. I'm calling on all my bloggy friends to help support a very important cause. I'm not one for harassing people, but Cancer Research is very close to my heart for many reasons. When I was younger 'Cancer' was rarely mentioned, I'd heard of it but only knew of one person that had been diagnosed with it. Sadly she died.....as the years have passed by, worryingly, more of my friends and family have been diagnosed.

4 years ago when my Mam's friend Anne died from Bowel Cancer I decided to take part in 'Race for Life' which is organised nationally by Cancer Research UK. For those of you that don't know, ts a woman only run. In a way I was running in her memory and also to celebrate that earlier that year my friend had been successfully treated for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. It was great to take part very emotional and muscle aching but so worth it.

I strive every year to raise as much sponsor funds as I can, but this year is proving to be quite difficult. People are finding it tough with the current economic climate so not so willing to part with a little cash for a charity. So to help I decided this year that I would design and make some limited edition purses inspired by Cancer Research and sell them through my website and etsy shop with ALL the proceeds going towards the total raised. I'm not charging any postage, I will pay this......so you would be donating £10.

As you can see from the photos each purse has been embellished with buttons and rhinestones, and inside there is a little pouch for credit cards or money.

They are available in my etsy shop or for those of you not familiar with etsy also from my website. If you would like to know more or make a donation please visit my sponsor page http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/emmacastle thanks for taking the time to read this post. xx

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea and a wonderful thing to do! I couldn't resist, and went straight to Etsy! (Check your email btw.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ever so much Angeltreats :) I really cant thank you enough!! It really means a lot. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma, I just bought one from your website, you have put such time and care into them that I had to have one, especially as they have a bird on! Good luck with your money raising, it is definately a good cause
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you thank you thank you Jane.... thank you for supporting such a worthy cause you're very kind xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's is such a good idea, I am off to check out your shop. Good luck with raising money your in my thoughts:0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful purses Emma and a lovely way to raise money. I hope you sell lots of them.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are sooo sweet. What is that birdy fabric? I love it, and the cause. My dad was just diagnosed...luckily early, but very sad.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx