Saturday 22 January 2011

Wedding Gift

One of my friends got married today, unfortunately I was unable to attend :( however Victoria asked me if I would mind making her a little bag to go behind her bouquet to keep her bits and bobs safe.

I had ordered some gorgeous satin (from a supplier who has let me down in the past) which never turned up (and still hasn't...grrrr) so I improvised and used some very gorgeous cotton.

And this was my labour of love, made the pattern from scratch and I bought some pretty ribbon for the tie and handle.

Adorned it with pearls and a gorgeous rhinestone flower.

The lining inside matched the ribbon......

I decided to make the shape of the bag quite a classic shape, with a flat base rather than the usual rounded base for a drawstring bag.

Simple but very beautiful. I'm sure Victoria looked stunning in her dress today. Congratulations to you both Victoria & Jonathan xx

Phew I'm exhausted today, good exhausted though.....there were a lot of tasks on my To Do list today. Which included packaging up all the prizes from my giveaway. Dania I still need your postal address if you are reading this? I've also made some new fabric labels and been tinkering with a new project. The usual chores were eliminated too and the gigantic task of tidying the studio was accomplished. Armed with a glass of wine its time to relax.....have a lovely weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Love the bag, you'll have to ask the bride if we can see pics. And wine is good (I have some here) enjoy your weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! i'm sure it was just perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely bag, I bet your friend was delighted! Enjoy the vino!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous bag, would be lovely to see a wedding photo with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bag! I bet your friend absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgoeus bag and what a clever idea ti have it tucked away behind her flowers! I will have ti suggest this to my friend who is getting married soon. Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoyed your wine and sit down after all that tidying!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my blog and leave me a comment. I love hearing your thoughts and comments.... Emma xx